5-Axis Curve Machining helps you make better use of the capabilities that 5-axis machines provide. Your multiaxis machine is capable of precise trimming along a complexly curved edge while maintaining proper tool angle and contact.
Tool axis control is what separates multiaxis toolpaths from normal surface, chain, and point toolpaths. The ability to manipulate the angle of the tool, relative to the cut pattern, puts a greater amount of control in your hands. The cut speed, finish quality, and tool life can all be improved with tool axis control.
Features and Benefits of Mastercam 5-Axis Curve Machining:
- Cut a complex three dimensional contour with 5-axis motion composed of a 3D chain, surface, or solid edges, generally for 5-axis trimming operations.
- Logical motion, smooth transitions, and powerful vector control combine to let you machine complex part curves in a single setup.
- Open any CAD file in Mastercam to access modeling and prep tools to get parts on and off machines quickly. No need to re-create parts from scratch—you can do it all in Mastercam.
- Provides a cost-effective way to generate 5-axis code to run your CNC machines.
- Our Mastercam Resellers bring years of practical experience specific to various regions, manufacturing goals, and language requirements worldwide, to ensure that as a Mastercam user, you always have the support you need to get the most out of your CAD/CAM investment.